Celeste Cortesi clarifies breakup talks with partner Jonathan Sterling

MANILA, Philippines — Miss Universe Philippines 2022 Celeste Cortesi put to rest all the gossip about her supposed breakup with British businessman Jonathan Sterling.
The former beauty queen was the guest on the August 19 episode of "Fast Talk with Boy Abunda," where after discussing her pregnancy, Boy brought up the rumors that she and Sterling called it quits.
Celeste pointed out that she and Sterling had their ups and downs like any other relationship, lamenting how the public the rumors especially as she is an expecting public figure.
"It's just very unfortunate that it got out in a bad way, I guess," she shared.
She added that while she did the docuseries "Celeste Unscripted," she and Sterling were still trying to keep the boundaries of their relationship's privacy in place.
Following a request for clarification from Boy, the beauty queen reiterated that she and Sterling had problems even before the pregnancy but they worked through it all, regardless of how others took it.
Celeste admitted that that there was a moment where she and Sterling had to give each other space; she, however, would let revelations unveil themselves in the previously mentioned docuseries.
The former beauty queen said that Sterling understood that she was a public figure and early in their relationship did not want to be "out there" or "hard-launched" yet.
After the titular "Fast Talk" segment and a commercial break, Boy and Celeste discussed the viral remarks of Sterling calling himself a billionaire.
At the time, the breakup rumors had reached their peak so the businessman posted on Instagram to address the issue.
"There have been a lot of false allegations going around online and in the media about me recently, so l'd like to break my silence, come back on social media, and take a moment to correct the record: I am NOT a millionaire. I'm a billionaire," Sterling said then.
Celeste believes Sterling was trying to be funny about the supposed breakup talks, acknowledging that others did not see it that way.
The former beauty queen shared that her partner was indeed successful and wealthy, appreciating that he worked hard to obtain that success at a young age.
Celeste is expecting to give birth sometime in October. They plan to name their firstborn Sergio after Celeste's father. — Video from GMA Network's YouTube channel
RELATED: Celeste Cortesi's BF breaks silence on rumored split
















