Mother, son hacked while sleeping
CEBU, Philippines — A 13-year-old boy is in critical condition while his mother is injured after a man allegedly attacked them with a bolo while they slept inside their home in Barangay Paril, Cebu City, at around 10:01 p.m. Sunday, August 16.
The suspect was identified as Angelo Naquines, alias “Loloy,” 22, a resident of sitio Upper Cantisang, Barangay Paril, Cebu City. He was arrested at around 12:05 a.m. Monday, August 17, and is currently detained at the Adlaon Police Station.
The boy sustained a wound to his face, while his mother suffered wounds to her shoulder and arm. Both victims were brought to a hospital in Cebu City for treatment.
Police Capt. Leonyl Iren, chief of the Adlaon Police Station, said Naquines was allegedly intoxicated and caused trouble at a disco before the attack. He was reportedly involved in a fight and was asked to leave the gathering.
The man who escorted Naquines out of the disco was the husband of the woman and father of the 13-year-old boy he later allegedly attacked.
After leaving the disco, Naquines reportedly went to the man’s house, allegedly intending to retaliate. However, he allegedly encountered the man’s wife and son instead and attacked them with a bolo.
Naquines reportedly claimed that someone had punched him before he was removed from the disco, causing his vision to blur. He allegedly believed that the person who punched him was the victim’s husband and decided to seek revenge.
The victims positively identified Naquines as the person who attacked them, prompting police to launch a hot-pursuit operation.
Iren said police personnel were already nearby because of the disco. Residents and barangay public safety officers also sought police assistance after the attack, helping authorities locate and arrest the suspect in another sitio near the area.
Naquines was brought to the Adlaon Police Station, where he remains detained and has denied the allegations against him.
Police are preparing to file a frustrated murder complaint against the suspect.
In a separate incident in Upper La Guerta, Barangay Lahug, Cebu City, a 24-year-old construction worker was hospitalized after he was allegedly stabbed multiple times by his project contractor over an alleged affair with the suspect’s wife at around 1:50 a.m. Monday.
The victim was identified as Alvin, while the suspect was identified only by his alias “Jestoni,” 36.
According to the Mabolo Police Station, Jestoni became angry after allegedly learning of Alvin’s relationship with his 28-year-old wife.
The suspect reportedly became suspicious while he was in Negros Oriental on August 6 to visit his family. Upon returning to Cebu, he allegedly checked his wife’s cellphone and found messages between her and Alvin.
Jestoni confronted his wife, who reportedly admitted that she had gone drinking with Alvin and that he had kissed her, but denied having an affair with him.
The two men were neighbors in Upper La Guerta, and Jestoni had previously given Alvin work on his construction projects.
At around 1:50 a.m., Alvin was reportedly on his way home from a gathering at another neighbor’s house when he heard the couple arguing.
He allegedly looked inside their house, prompting Jestoni to grab a kitchen knife, chase him, and stab him multiple times.
Alvin was brought to a hospital for treatment, while Jestoni remains detained at the Mabolo Police Station. — (FREEMAN)
- Latest






















