Capitol promotes 118 hospital workers
CEBU, Philippines — As the Cebu Provincial Government continues to strengthen its healthcare workforce, 118 workers from Capitol-run hospitals have been appointed to plantilla positions, giving them security of tenure.
The workers took their oath of office and received their appointments during a ceremony held at the Cebu Provincial Hospital (CPH) in Balamban yesterday, August 17.
Of the 118 workers, 97 were regularized from job order (JO) positions, while 19 permanent employees were appointed to higher positions.
The appointments covered personnel from five provincial government-run hospitals: 100 from CPH-Balamban, nine from CPH-Carcar, seven from CPH-Danao, one from Bantayan District Hospital, and one from Ricardo L. Maningo Memorial Hospital in San Francisco, Camotes.
Public Health Consultant Dr. Nikki Catalan described the mass oath-taking as historic, noting that it was the first time in 41 years that healthcare workers underwent an en masse oath-taking for their appointments.
“This is quite historic kay mao ni first jud nga outside en masse nga nag-oath taking,” said Catalan.
She said the appointments would provide healthcare workers with greater stability and dignity in their work, removing the uncertainty faced by those who had been serving without permanent positions.
The move is expected to provide the workers with greater employment security and ease concerns over whether their jobs would continue, particularly among those who had spent years serving in provincial hospitals.
Among those regularized was 49-year-old Rubylyn Dumdum, who has worked as a cook at the provincial hospital in Balamban since 2009.
“Na-lipay jud kog maayo. Pasalamat ko ni Gov Pam (Baricuatro) nga iyang gi-open sa kadugay na regular na jud ko,” Dumdum said.
Dumdum, who has three children, said her appointment also gives her hope of eventually receiving a pension. She recalled earning around P11,000 to P12,000 before her regular appointment, while her salary is now about P17,000.
“Kaning posisyona gihatag jud ni sa Ginoo nako, para jud ni nako,” she said.
Also among those regularized was 36-year-old Angel Mae Apduhan, a nurse who has been serving for 13 years. She said there were times when she considered leaving, but chose to stay and continue serving patients in her community.
“Mapasalamaton kaayo ko ni Gov Pam nga after 13 years, na-regular na jud ko,” Apduhan said.
Asked why she stayed despite the challenges of working without permanent status, Apduhan cited her commitment to public service. Her first salary was P17,000, while she now earns P43,000 as a Nurse II.
The governor said the appointments are part of a broader effort to build a stronger provincial healthcare workforce while recognizing the contributions of employees who have served the public.
“We are so blessed and so lucky nga this time in the history sa probinsiya nga we are all working together,” Baricuatro said.
The governor also urged the newly appointed workers to continue helping her deliver services to Cebuanos, saying, “I really rely on you to help me serve the people.”
Baricuatro expressed gratitude for the workers’ years of service and said she hopes to look back on her administration knowing that it made a meaningful contribution to the people of Cebu.
“I’m truly really grateful to the service you have rendered to the public,” she said.
“Gusto lang nako nga if mahuman na akong term, I can truly say to myself that I have served the people of Cebu," the governor added. — (FREEMAN)
- Latest






















